Do you know someone who loves Minions? If you say yes, you’ll want to make these adorable Minion Cupcakes in no time. Never will anyone guess how simple they are! They are perfect for a birthday party! Start exploring now with Cakepluss!
What are Minions?
The Despicable Me movies feature tiny, yellow creatures known as minions. They frequently cause trouble and are devoted to the main character, Gru. Since the first movie featuring the Minions was released in 2010, the characters have gained enormous popularity and are now appreciated by most children as well as being the subject of numerous Minion-themed products.
How to make Minion Cupcakes?
- butter softened
- vanilla extract
- eggs, milk
- self-raising flour
- golden caster sugar
Make the cupcake toppers
- Knead 250g yellow fondant until soft and pliable. Sprinkle some cornstarch on the work surface if needed and roll out. Use a 7cm (2¾in) round cookie cutter to cut 12 plates. Place each fondant plate on a square piece of baking paper, this will keep the fondant from deforming if you need to move them. Set aside to dry.
- To make glasses for Minions. Prepare some gray fondant and work it into a supple, flexible state. Roll out the gray fondant. With the wide end of the large pipe hose (or shredder), cut out 12-24 discs.
- Knead some white fondant. Roll out onto a work surface that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Cut off some white discs using the same tiny pipe nozzle that you used to sever the glass frame’s inner circle. This will be the whites of the Minions’ eyes.
- Start fitting the Minions’ glasses and eyes. Paint a small amount of water onto the back of the gray fondant ring using a tiny paintbrush (only food-grade). Place the disc on one of the yellow circles, centered for a monocular Minion or slightly to the side for a binocular Minion.
- Apply hair to Minion. Decide if your Minion will go bald or have hair – and its style. Using black fondant roll the short ‘sausage’ very thin. Pour a small amount of water into the yellow dish in the style you want.
- Use a fondant tool or toothpick to contour the Minion’s mouth (and eyebrows if appropriate).
Make the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 190℃. Line the muffin pan into the mold.
- Beat 22g butter and 225g sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract after adding it. Add the beaten eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add 225g of flour with a spoon, then add 1-2 tablespoons of milk and mix well.
- Divide the cake mixture evenly among the 12 cupcake molds.
- For 20 to 25 minutes, bake in the center of the oven. After baking, remove from oven and muffin tray and place on a cooling rack.
Make the buttercream
- Beat 175g butter until soft. Sift 350g powdered sugar to remove any lumps and add about half to the butter. Add vanilla extract mixture and beat until light and creamy.
- Add a little milk as needed until the consistency you like is achieved. Scoop the mixture into a piping bag with a large star spout.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, spread a flat swirl of frosting over each cake. Carefully remove the fondant dish from the greaseproof paper and place it on top of the buttercream. Enjoy!
- Rotate the tray every 12-15 minutes of baking so that the cakes are evenly browned.
- If you don’t have a large cookie cutter or fondant tool, you can improvise. Consider using a glass cup instead of a cookie cutter. A small toothpick can also be useful when making fondant.
- Try to keep your hands and tools as clean as possible when working with different colored fondants.
Can You Freeze Cupcakes With Fondant?
Yes, cupcakes with fondant on them can be frozen. Once the cupcakes have cooled and decorated, wrap the cupcakes in cling film. Using multiple layers of cling wrap will keep your cupcakes fresh. Some people also choose to wrap cupcakes in an additional layer of aluminum foil. Up to two months of freezing is possible for cupcakes.
When you’re ready to eat your cupcakes, take the cupcakes out of the freezer and let them defrost on the counter until they reach room temperature. When you’re prepared, take the plastic wrap off. Be careful not to let any condensation drip onto the cake.
In conclusion, minion cupcakes are a delightful and whimsical treat that brings joy to both children and adults alike. These cupcakes are inspired by the popular animated characters from the “Despicable Me” franchise, and they have gained immense popularity for their cute and playful design.
Minion cupcakes are a popular choice for various occasions, including birthday parties, themed events, or simply as a fun treat to brighten someone’s day. Whether enjoyed at a birthday party or as a special treat, minion cupcakes are sure to bring a touch of playfulness and happiness to any occasion.