Today, TV shows, movies or pop culture plays have a huge influence on different industries. The food and cookery industries are among them. These cupcakes feature designs like the Stranger Things logo, Eleven’s beloved Eggo waffles, a string of Christmas lights, and the Starcourt Mall logo, which were inspired by the well-known 80s-themed Netflix TV series…Let’s discover these cute stranger things cupcakes with Cakepluss right here.
Some information about the Stranger Things TV show
Stranger Things is a popular science-fiction horror TV show that premiered on Netflix in 2016. Created by the Duffer brothers, the show is set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana in the 1980s and follows a group of young friends who encounter supernatural phenomena.
The show is known for its nostalgic 80s references and homages to classic horror and sci-fi movies of the era, such as E.T., The Goonies, and The Thing. Stranger Things has received critical acclaim for its storytelling, direction, acting, and visual effects. The show has won multiple awards, including Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Sound Editing, Outstanding Main Title Design, and Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series. The show’s popularity has led to merchandise, spin-off books, and a video game.
The show has had four seasons so far, with the fourth season currently in production. Each season consists of eight to nine episodes, each running for approximately an hour. The show has a dedicated fanbase and is considered one of the most popular and influential TV shows of the past decade.
How to Make Stranger Things Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggo waffles toasted
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 12 mini Eggo waffles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, waffle crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Blend in the vanilla extract.
- On low speed, alternately add the flour and milk mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Use a scoop of ice cream to fill the cupcake liners and bake for 16 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After baking, take out the cake to cool and then spread white cream on the cupcake. On top of the cupcake, press a warm Eggo waffle into the frosting.
- Finally, drizzle maple syrup on top of cupcakes. So it’s done.
Different decorating ideas for Stranger Things cupcakes
The Upside Down: Use black frosting to create the Upside Down on top of a chocolate cupcake. Add a miniature Demogorgon figurine to the top and sprinkle red sugar crystals around the cupcake to represent the red vines in the Upside Down.
Eggo Waffles: Top a yellow cupcake with a dollop of whipped cream and a miniature Eggo waffle. Use red frosting to write “11” on top of the whipped cream.
Alphabet Wall: Pipe vanilla frosting onto a chocolate cupcake and write a message using alphabet-shaped candies. Use green or purple frosting to add vines and leaves to the top of the cupcake.
Hawkins Lab: Create a vanilla cupcake and top it with white frosting. Use blue frosting to create the Hawkins Lab logo on top. Add a miniature microscope or test tube to the top of the cupcake for added effect.
- Demogorgon: Use black frosting to create the outline of the Demogorgon’s head on a red velvet cupcake. Fill in the head with red frosting and add mini marshmallows for the teeth. Use green or purple frosting to add vines and leaves around the edge of the cupcake.