What cat-lover can resist cat cupcakes? These charming pastries in the form of painted cats are perfect for dessert tables, celebrations, and any time you’re craving something sweet. Cakepluss shows you how to make cat cupcakes! These cat cupcakes are super cute and super delicious! They take a bit of time, but like anything involving cats and sweets, they’re totally worth it.
What do you know about cats?
Cats are not native to the Americas, but the domestication of cats can be traced back to ancient Egypt. Cats are attracted to grain stores and kill harmful rats that threaten their food supply. The Egyptians revered them for this service they provided as well as other roles such as pest control on ships and rodent removal from granaries.
The ancient Greeks also maintained cat populations to control rodent populations. The cat was sacred and a symbol of femininity to the Egyptians, while the Greeks considered them evil, and often killed cats at sight. In medieval Europe, cats were despised rather than loved due to their association with witches; These animals are said to turn into spirits at night causing mischief.
Cats are considered the most popular pet among Americans, the cat population is now estimated at a staggering 100 million cats in this country alone! In contrast, cat populations in Europe and Asia are much lower.
Importance of creating themed cupcakes for cat lovers
Personalization: Cat lovers often enjoy personalized items that reflect their love for cats. Themed cupcakes are a great way to show that you understand and appreciate their interests.
Celebration: Cat-themed cupcakes can be used to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and other milestones. They make for a fun and unique treat that cat lovers can enjoy with family and friends.
Connection: Creating cat-themed cupcakes can help to connect with other cat lovers and build a sense of community. Sharing your love for cats through these cupcakes can start conversations and create lasting connections.
Fun and Creativity: Designing and making cat-themed cupcakes can be a fun and creative activity. It allows for a range of designs and decorations, which can be tailored to the individual tastes of the cat lover.
Instructions for making cat cupcakes easily
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g butter
- 70g self-raising flour
- 5g cornflour
- 2 medium eggs
- 15ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar
- For the sponge: Preheat your oven to 160°C. Line your baking tray with 6 trays.
Beat sugar and butter with the vanilla essence until light fluffy (about 5 minutes) Add 1 egg, 1/3 of flour and a little milk and beat until blended and repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes depending on your oven, remove and let cool in the tray for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- For Buttercream: Make the buttercream by mixing all ingredients together and beating for 5 minutes on medium speed. Once your cupcakes have cooled, spread some buttercream on top and place a cat-shaped cupcake on top of each cake.
- For the decoration: Cut 12 20mm circles for the cheeks and 6 68mm circles for the head from a roll of 250g white fondant. Utilize a water brush to apply blush. Make divots with a toothpick where the beard would be. To give him a softer appearance, trim a few tiny triangles from the cheek circle’s outer edge with a sharp knife.
- For eyes: blue 15g and black 15g. Cut out a 12 x 13mm blue circle. 12 x 10 mm black circles, then using a water brush apply the black circles onto the blue circles, applying a layer of white sprinkles on the black circles.
- For the ears: use separate sections of the trimmed white triangles and use a sharp knife to cut the tips of the ears to make them appear soft. Fill 20g of pink fondant, then cut and glue the pink triangles between the white triangles. With a water brush stick the ear to the head.
- For the beard: use black fondant, roll thin strips, then cut and stick on cheeks to make a beard, 3 on each side.
- For the nose: roll out the pink fondant and use a heart-shaped cutter to cut 6 x hearts for the nose. Stick them on with a water brush.
- For the tongue: make 6 tongue-like shapes and glue them on with a water brush.
In conclusion, cat cupcakes are a fun and creative way to celebrate the love of cats. Creating themed cupcakes for cat lovers can be personalized and tailored to the individual’s interests, making them a unique and special gift. With a variety of design options and delicious recipes, cat cupcakes are a perfect treat for any cat lover. So whether it’s for a birthday, anniversary, or just a fun activity, cat cupcakes are a delightful way to show love for our feline friends.