This rich and moist Strawberry Oreo Crunch Pound cake is a great dessert you can make your family enjoy. It’s easy enough to make an everyday dessert, but you can tweak it for any special occasion. Today cakepluss will show you how to make this cake in detail.
What is a pound cake?
A pound of each of the four fundamental ingredients- flour, sugar, butter, and eggs- is often used to make a pound cake. Although the pound cake recipe has changed throughout the years, the fundamental components and cooking technique have mostly not changed. The dense and moist texture of pound cake is well recognized, and it may be flavored in a variety of ways, such as with vanilla, lemon, or almond extract. Although it is frequently served simply or with a simple glaze, it can also serve as the foundation for more complex desserts like trifle or strawberry shortcake.
The reason of adding Strawberries and Oreos to the pound cake
Adding strawberries and Oreos to a pound cake is a delicious twist on the classic recipe. The sweet and tangy flavor of fresh strawberries complements the rich and buttery taste of pound cake, while the crunchy texture of Oreos adds a satisfying contrast. The combination of flavors and textures creates a unique and irresistible dessert that is sure to be a hit with family and friends. The strawberries and Oreos can be added as layers within the pound cake, creating a beautiful and colorful dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
How to make strawberry oreo crunch pound cake?
- purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- eggs – room temperature
- fresh strawberries
- baking powder
- cream cheese- room temperature
- vanilla extract
- The flour, baking powder, and salt should first be combined and left aside. Next, combine the butter and sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed until frothy, light, and creamy. (about 5 minutes).
- After that, stir in 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix. Next, thoroughly combine the vanilla and eggs in the bowl. Start and end with flour, then add sour cream in increments of 1/2 cup to 1 cup.
- Spray a little nonstick on the pan and then pour in the flour and spread evenly.
- Bake for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes with the oven at 325 degrees. Before turning the cake over, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes. Before incorporating the yeast, allow the cake to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Now proceed to make the cream cheese coating. Cream cheese and butter should be thoroughly combined. Then add vanilla extract and salt. Next on slow speed, add powdered sugar until well blended and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- For the Oreos, separate the filling from the cake and place the biscuits in a ziplock bag. Crush the cake with a rolling pin. Add ½ packet of strawberry jelly mixture and mix well. Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- When the cake has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Topped with crispy oreo. So it’s done.
– Important Notes:
- Use ripe strawberries for the best flavor.
- Crush the cookies into large, coarse pieces so they have a nice crunch when biting.
- Before beginning the recipe, make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature. By doing this, you can make sure the powder emulsifies appropriately.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan before removing, as this will prevent the cake from breaking.
FAQs about strawberry oreo crunch pound cake
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for the recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain off any excess liquid before adding them to the cake. Be remember to add 5 minutes to the cooking time if you’re using frozen berries. Be aware that freezing berries will cause the dough’s temperature to decrease.
To store leftover pound cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep it at room temperature for up to 3 days. Additionally, you may keep it for up to a week in the refrigerator.
To store leftover pound cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep it at room temperature for up to 3 days. It may also be kept for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can use a regular cake pan if you don’t have a bundt pan. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as the cake may take longer to bake in a different type of pan.
In conclusion, strawberry Oreo crunch pound cake is a delicious and unique twist on the classic pound cake recipe. By adding fresh strawberries and crushed Oreos, you can create a beautiful and colorful dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying this dessert can be!