Sweet potato cake is a very popular sweet dish. If you’re a sweet potato lover, I think you’ll love this easy Sweet Potato Dump Cake! That’s a great Thanksgiving dessert idea! All in all, it’s a filling and satisfying dessert recipe that boasts a spot on most gourmet food blogs. Today cakepluss will show you how to make this cake in just a few easy steps.
What is a sweet potato dump cake?
A sweet potato dump cake is a type of dessert made with sweet potatoes and cake mix. It’s a simple recipe that involves mixing together canned sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, spices, and cake mix, then baking it in the oven until the top is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly. Sweet potato dump cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
Why is it called a dump cake? An American delicacy called a “dump cake” resembles a cobbler but has a cake-like topping. It gets its name from the method of making it, which involves simply “dropping” ingredients into a cake pan without mixing them beforehand (usually canned fruit or pie filling, then a box of cake mix).
How to make a sweet potato dump cake
- large sweet potatoes
- white and brown sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- The oven temperature is set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Butter and flour on a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- Peel, slice, and boil sweet potatoes until tender. Grind them up.
- Next, add 1/2 stick of unsalted butter to the potatoes and stir well.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Add a pinch of salt, sugar and milk. Stirred again.
- Spread the sweet potato filling in the pan. Sprinkle cake mix over and spread out. Top with slices of butter.
- Once the top is golden brown, bake at 350 degrees. It will take about 45 minutes, but the time in the oven can vary, so be sure to check. Let the cake cool for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy!
The Nutritional Value of cake
Sweet potato dump cake is a delicious dessert that is made with sweet potatoes, yellow cake mix, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. While it is a tasty treat, it is important to consider its nutritional value.
The nutritional value of sweet potato dump cake varies depending on the ingredients and the portion size. This is a broad breakdown of the nutritional value, though:
– Fiber: Sweet potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, but the amount in sweet potato dump cake may be limited due to the other ingredients used.
Overall, sweet potato dump cake is a high-calorie, high-carbohydrate dessert that should be enjoyed in moderation. It is not a particularly nutritious food, but it can be a tasty treat to indulge in on occasion.
How to store the cake?
To store a sweet potato dump cake, you should first allow it to cool completely to room temperature. Once it’s cool, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the refrigerator. Up to three to four days of cake storage in the refrigerator are possible.
If you want to store the cake for a longer period of time, you can freeze it. To do this, wrap the cooled cake tightly in plastic wrap, then wrap it again with aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container. The cake can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. To thaw the frozen sweet potato dump cake, remove it from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Once it’s thawed, you can reheat it in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until it’s warmed through. It’s important to note that freezing and reheating may cause the cake to lose some of its texture and become slightly mushy.
We hope this post helped you discover an easy way to make a delicious sweet potato pie. We know that you are looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe, and we hope that this is what you are looking for. We should also note that you can use any apple pie, or sweet potato to make this delicious dessert. This can also make it a healthier dessert.