If you’re looking for a fun and quirky cake design, cow print cakes are a great option. These playful desserts are perfect for any occasion, from birthday parties to baby showers. But how do you make a cow print cake? What flavors go well with the black and white design? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about creating your own cow print cake masterpiece in cakepluss post.
Introduce the topic of cow print cakes
Cow print cakes are a type of dessert that is typically made with a vanilla or chocolate cake base that is decorated to resemble the black and white spots of a cow. The cake is typically covered with a layer of frosting, and then the cow print pattern is created using black frosting and a piping bag. The result is a playful and fun cake that is perfect for a variety of occasions, from farm-themed parties to birthdays and baby showers. Cow print cakes have gained popularity in recent years due to their unique and whimsical design, and have become a popular choice for those looking for a creative and fun dessert option.
How to make cow print cakes?
– Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Start by making the vanilla cake batter. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) in a stand mixer fitted with a stirrer until completely combined. Slowly mix the room-temperature butter pieces into the dry mixture on low speed. Continue to add egg yolks, oil and vanilla to the mix.
– Step 2: Pour half of the dough into a separate bowl. Now it’s time to turn our other bowl of vanilla dough into chocolate cake batter. Mix 1/4 cup of the toasted cocoa, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the remaining batter.
– Step 3: Alternately pour the chocolate and vanilla cake batter into the prepared cake pans one at a time, pouring the batter into the molds about 1 inch high.
– Step 4: Cut the cake into 3 equal layers and line the cake pan with parchment paper. Bake for 33-35 minutes then take out to cool. While waiting for the cake layers to cool, proceed to make the vanilla buttercream frosting. Both a hand mixer and a stand mixer are acceptable. Add extra whipped cream if the frosting appears too thick. (1 teaspoon at a time). Alternately, add additional powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, if the frosting is too thin.
– Step 5: Layer the cake layers together and cover the entire cake with frosting. Spread an even layer of frosting between each layer of cake. When frosting is smooth to the touch, chill cake in the refrigerator (30 minutes) or freezer (10 minutes). The cake should have a thicker layer of vanilla buttercream spread over it before being again smoothed.
– Step 6: While waiting for the cake to cool, proceed to make the cow’s horns, ears, nostrils, eyes, mouth and even eyebrows.
– Step 7: As a final step, Take the cake out of the freezer or refrigerator. Use the pink buttercream to capture the cream and spread a large, elongated semicircle on the top of the cake to make the snout. Next, add eyes, nostrils, mouth, ears and horns with fondant. Use the black buttercream to form spots around the cake and flatten them with a spatula.
FAQs about cow print cakes
– What occasions are cow print cakes suitable for?
Cow print cakes are versatile and can be suitable for various occasions, such as birthdays, baby showers, country-themed parties, and even weddings.