No need for eye-catching colors or fancy decorations, Korean ice cream cakes have become a trend among young people. So what is Korean Bento Cake? Why are they preferred? Join Cakepluss.com to decipher the craze with the following Korean Bento Cake recipe.
1. What is Bento Cake?
Bento Cake is a cream cake originating from Korea, a beautiful small size cake with pastel colors. The top of the cake is decorated and written according to the preferences of the buyer. Although the cake is randomly decorated to your liking, it creates a harmonious and cute overall. The cake got its name “Bento Cake” because it comes in a bento box.
Decoding the Korean bento cake craze:
When people are “inviting” each other to follow the trend of minimalism, choosing Bento cake is the “right” choice of the majority. Bento cream cake for parties with not too many people or for an anniversary between two people is extremely convenient.
It can be said that Bento Cake is a favorite cream cake no less than ordinary gato cakes. A small, cute cake that is both pocket-friendly but also packed in eco-friendly bagasse boxes. From the above characteristics, Bento Cake is sought after by many people.
2. How to make Korean cream cake that causes a fever among young people
2.1. Prepare materials
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 105g sugar
- 15g honey
- 50g pastry flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 15g fresh milk without sugar
- 10g unsalted butter
- 150g cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons black sugar syrup
- 1 little food coloring
- Bagasse box for cake
2.2. Steps to make a cake
Step 1: Beat the egg mixture
- In a large bowl, add the ingredients: 2 chicken eggs, 1 egg yolk, 60g sugar, 15g honey. Use a whisk to combine the mixture.
- Place the bowl of beaten eggs over the mouth of a pot of warm water (about 40 – 50 degrees Celsius), beat the water and sugar until dissolved for 1 minute.
- Take out the egg bowl, use a mixer to beat on medium speed until the mixture is light.
- Reduce the level of beating and then beat for 1 more minute, when the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened, you can stop.
Step 2: Mix the cake batter
- Line the table with a piece of parchment paper and then sift 50g of pastry flour and 10g of cocoa powder on top.
- Use your hands to hold the edges of the two corners of the parchment paper and then slowly pour the pastry dough and high into the egg bowl.
- You divide the dough into 3 pours, use a flat spatula to stir the mixture in the direction from the bottom to the top. Mix well until the mixture is smooth and light brown in color.
- Melt 10g unsalted butter with 15g fresh milk in the microwave for 30 seconds, add the flour mixture, stir with a spatula.
Step 3: Bake the cake and shape it
- Preheat the oven before baking, it should be at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the cake batter onto a tray lined with parchment paper, spread the dough evenly over the tray, knock the dough tray down on the table 2-3 times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
- After baking, take the cake out and let it cool, then remove the parchment paper.
- Use a mold about 9cm firmly to cut the cake into small pieces to make the cake core.
Step 4: Whip cream
- Using a mixer, adjust the speed to high and beat 150g cream cheese, add 45g sugar and beat the mixture.
- Add 150g whipping cream and continue to beat the mixture until creamy, creating a peak.
Step 5: Cover the cake with cream
- You divide into 2 cakes, each cake uses 3 small pieces.
- Place the cake core on a plate, soak in a little black sugar syrup, use whipped cream cheese to spread on the cake and spread evenly, continue to do the same with the second cake.
- Place third cake side on top, spread thin cream cheese around the cake.
- The remaining cream cheese after applying the cake evenly, divide it into separate cups but leave a little bit for writing.
- Add 1 drop of your favorite color to each cup and stir well. The cream has just mixed color, you use to spread evenly on 2 cakes.
Step 6: Decorate the cake
- The remaining ice cream is put in the ice cream bag to write the words. After that, decorate the cake as desired.
- Prepare a small bag of bagasse, line it with parchment paper, and then carefully put the cake in the box.
- Outside the box, you can stick a greeting note or add beautiful stickers.
2.3. Finished products and flavors
The tiny cream cake has a soft aroma of cocoa from the cake and the greasy layer of cream cheese on the outside. Along with that, the cake is packed in a cute little lunch box to give the giver a new and more interesting feeling.
The article has provided a recipe for how to make this bento cake with Korean influences! We wish you a happy baking time.