Flamingo cake is a dessert eaten on birthdays. It’s made up of sponge cake, whipped cream, and vanilla ice cream. This cake is prepared in many different ways to suit each person’s taste. This article from Cakepluss provides ideas on how you can make a flamingo cake for your birthday party.
Introduce Flamingo Cake
Have you ever heard of a flamingo cake? If not, don’t worry- so are we until we make this delicious treat! For the uninitiated, flamingos are, as the name suggests, a bright pink cake filled with jam flavored with cherry and other sweets. When it is baked, the dough is light, fluffy and has a unique fruity smell.
Step-by-Step Guides to make Flamingo Cake
- 1 package of white cake mix
- 1 package of cherry jello mix
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 container of Cool Whip (or a similar brand)
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries with juice
- Turn on your oven to 350 degrees before you start. In the meantime, remove a 9×13 inch baking dish and grease it.
- Next, take out a large mixing bowl and beat together the cherries, vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract, and white cake mixture with an electric mixer.
- When the oven is hot enough, place the baking dish in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Test it by checking it with a toothpick at the end to make sure it’s fully cooked!
- Next, take a large bowl and add the crushed pineapple and juice along with the halved cherries. Pour the pudding mixture on top and add your Cool Whip along with 1/4 cup of cherry juice. Mix everything until smooth.
- Once the cake has cooled, coat the pudding mix over the top and leave all the cakes in the fridge for two to three hours. Then take it out and enjoy!
Simple Flamingo Cake Ideas
Flamingo Cake Design 2 Layers
In many cultures, this cake pattern is frequently utilized as a good luck charm. As early as the 1800s, it may be found on cakes in both Europe and America. It’s unclear where this cake design came from. Others think it was inspired by an American cartoonist who is most known for painting animals, while some think it was invented by an Italian pastry chef.
Flamingo Cupcake Cake
A distinctive and imaginative way to celebrate any occasion is with flamingo cupcakes. The cake itself is reflective of the feather’s pink, white, and black hues.
The cupcakes are shaped like flamingo wings and are topped with buttercream and sprinkles in various colors. The wings’ coating features a distinctive pattern that is reminiscent of flying feathers. The middle of each layer of this cake is filled with chocolate ganache, and the top layer has a classic chocolate covering. It now has a more unique flavor as a result!
Flamingo Sheet Cake
Melted butter is spread over a pre-made cake to create the flamingo sheet cake, which is then dusted with sugar and cinnamon. It is very easy to make and it is also a popular dessert in the southern United States. Pancakes are very easy to make and anyone can enjoy them. It can be offered as a dessert after dinner or as a main course.
Pink Flamingo Cake
A Flamingo cake is a cake with a pink coating and a pink cake layer with a white coating. Although they occasionally serve as birthday cakes, flamingo cakes are mostly produced for children’s events. They are usually made with vanilla or golden cake, covered with buttercream and sprinkled with confetti.
To sum up
As you can see, the cake’s real recipe is quite straightforward. However, the result is a delicious and slightly unusual cake with a bright and cheerful presentation that is sure to liven up any party. Although the recipe above calls for pudding-style frosting, you can leave the recipe written at will and add in your own choice of frosting. Enjoy the process as usual and let us know what you think in the comments!