This recipe for Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes is a simple knockoff of the well-known Cheesecake Factory recipe. For the ultimate in sweet, salty, and spicy flavors, Tex-Mex flavors are placed on tender, sweet corn patties! This can be served as a starter or a main course. The recipes of Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes below of Cakepluss.com will make you love!
Yummy Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes:
1. Why You’ll Adore Them
- EASY COPYCAT RECIPE: If you’ve ever tried the Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Appetizez, you’ll understand what I’m talking about. The taste is out of this world, but even the presentation is amazing! Our copycat recipe is incredibly simple to create but has the same fantastic flavor and lovely presentation. This recipe is made simple by using store-bought pico de gallo, salsa verde, and southwest sauce. However, go ahead and use your own handmade versions of these ingredients if you have them.
- AMAZING PRESENTATION: “You eat with your eyes first,” they say. Oh boy, does it apply to this dish. This makes it a fantastic recipe for an appetizer to serve to a large group. Everyone will be extremely impressed! And you’re not required to point out how simple it was!
2.Cakes of sweet corn tacos
What precisely are Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes? They resemble corn cakes and are covered with Salsa Verde, Pico de Gallo, and Southwest Sauce after being cooked to a golden brown. They frequently also have sour cream, guacamole, or avocado on them. The tamale cakes are deliciously sweet on their own. Additionally, they complement the mild zing of the sauces on top beautifully.
See the printable recipe card below for step-by-step directions. However, here is everything you’ll need to get going:
- You can use either MASA HARINA or CORN FLOUR because they are essentially interchangeable. Due to its treatment with calcium hydroxide, masa harina does have a unique, acidic flavor.
- FLOUR: Any ordinary all-purpose flour will do.
- GRANULATED, white sugar is SUGAR.
- SALT — Balances out the sweetness.
- There is no need to thaw FROZEN SWEET CORN. You can use canned corn, but make sure to thoroughly drain it before incorporating it. Use caution when using fresh corn because it takes a while to thoroughly cook and you run the risk of scorching your tamale cakes.
- BUTTER: Softened and unsalted.
- We only utilized store-bought SALSA VERDE. However, if you have a recipe you want to utilize, go ahead. Tomatillo salsa is an alternative that you have.
- PICO DE GALLO – Exactly the same. Make some fresh pico if you’d like!
SOUTHWEST SAUCE – Southwestern Sauce is a little more difficult to locate in the grocery shop. However, you can switch it for a “spicy,” “zesty,” or “southwestern” Ranch if necessary.Freshly chopped cilantro is used as a garnish.
3. Storing, preserving, and freezing
Keep leftovers in your refrigerator in an airtight container. For about three days, leftovers should be safe. Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes can be frozen, but only before the toppings are added. To freeze, allow them to completely cool before putting them in a freezer bag with wax paper or parchment paper between them.
4. Can Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes Be Prepared Ahead of Time?
Yep! Measure out all of your sauces (or make them yourself if you prefer) and put them in different containers. Your tamale cakes can be baked and stored for up to a day, covered, in the refrigerator. Just bake them for about 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through, when you’re ready to serve.
- Put parchment paper on a baking pan and preheat the oven to 400. Place aside.
- Combine corn flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing dish. Place aside.
- One cup of corn should be added to a food processor and processed until coarse.
- Add butter to the flour mixture.
- Add the final half cup of corn.
- Blend the ingredients together until crumbly and mixed, either using a pastry blender or the back of a spoon.
- Scoop into pieces of 1/2 cup and, using your hands, shape into 3″ patties that are about 1/2″ thick. Place the baking sheet you have prepared.
- Make sure both sides are golden brown by baking for an additional 3-5 minutes after turning the dish over after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pico de gallo, southwest sauce, and finely chopped fresh cilantro before serving.
The Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes recipe is a delicious and adaptable dish that blends the flavorful elements of sweet corn, masa harina, and a variety of spices. These cakes offer a fascinating combination of textures and flavors in addition to being visually appealing with their golden crusts and vivid toppings.
Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes offer a distinctive variation on classic tamales, whether they are eaten as a main course, side dish, or appetizer. Sweet corn kernels provide each bite a blast of sweetness and a pleasing crunch, and masa harina makes the interior soft and moist, which is both reassuring and fulfilling.