Money is a pretty useful and versatile gift because the recipient can use it for any personal purpose. However, how this gift is given is also a matter of controversy. Consider preparing a graduation money cake if you’re giving someone money as a present for their birthday or graduation to make it more special. So how to make this cake? Continue reading cakepluss for more details.
What is the graduation money cake?
A graduation money cake is a creative way to give money as a gift to a graduate. It is a cake made of rolled-up bills or coins that are wrapped in ribbons or folded into origami shapes to resemble a tiered cake. The money is arranged in such a way that it looks like a cake, complete with decorative toppings and embellishments such as flowers, bows, and other decorations. The amount of money used to make the cake can vary depending on the giver’s budget and the recipient’s needs.
Graduation money cakes are becoming increasingly popular because they are a unique and fun way to give a gift of money that can be used to help graduate start their new life.
A brief history of graduations and money cakes
The history of graduation can be traced back to the medieval period when universities began to emerge in Europe. The first graduation ceremony was held at the University of Bologna in Italy in the 12th century, where students were awarded degrees in various subjects. Over time, graduation ceremonies became more formalized and spread to other universities around the world.
The tradition of giving money as a gift to graduates has its roots in ancient cultures, where it was believed that money symbolized good luck and prosperity. In many Asian cultures, giving money as a gift to graduates is still a common practice today.
Graduation money cakes, on the other hand, are a more recent invention. They first gained popularity in the United States in the early 2000s as a creative and unique way to give money as a gift to graduates. Graduation money cakes have since become a popular gift for high school and college graduates, particularly in the United States.
Today, graduation money cakes come in many different shapes and sizes and can be made using a variety of materials, including paper bills, coins, and other forms of currency. They are often decorated with ribbons, flowers, and other embellishments to make them look like real cakes. Graduation money cakes have become a popular way to celebrate and congratulate graduates on their achievements while also providing them with useful gifts that can help them start their new life.
The steps for making a graduation money cake
- Glass plate
- Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Floral Foam Circles
- Hot glue/glue gun
- Use a round disc on top of hard paper and use a marker to trace the circle. Use a paper cutter to cut the shape you just drew. This will be the first class.
- Cut a smaller circle (it will be the top of your cake). Use something such as a bowl or coffee can and draw a small circle in the center. When you cut them out, you will have the base and a smaller circle for the second tier.
- Take cardboard or construction paper and cut strips the same height as the dollar bill. Create a circle out of the strips of paper using glue; it should be a little bit smaller than the circle on the cake plate. Apply glue to the bottom border of the paper circle you made with your hot glue gun.
- Start playing the bills again. Remember that the tighter the roll, the more money you will spend on your cake! Pay attention to balancing the distance so that it fits the budget you intend to spend. Roll the dollar bill evenly and place a small piece of duct tape or rubber band to secure the roll of paper. You should tear off all the tape and have it ready to use before rolling each bill it will be easier.
- Stick long strips of double-sided tape around each layer (you can do one or two rows). Glue your rolled bills, side to back, and rely on tape to secure them in place.
- You can use more ribbons or any other decorations you see fit for the cake. That’s all it takes to create your own money cake. Best of all, you can make it for whoever you want – anytime!