Discover how to create this simple Batman Birthday Cake! With this straightforward bat signal design, you may amaze everyone even if you have no cake decorating experience. In this article, Cakepluss.com will guide you the best ways to make Batman Birthday Cake, included the ingredients in each steps and the instruction to make.
Ingredients You need for Batman Birthday Cake
The Batman Birthday Cake Layers
- All-purpose flour, 3 1/4 cups
- 3 cups sugar, granulated
- Baking powder, 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 salt shakerful
- 2 sticks of room temperature butter (or 1 cup of unsalted butter)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature buttermilk
- two teaspoons of vanilla extract, pure.
- Vegetable oil, two tablespoons
Colorful Cream Buttercream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (one box)
- 1 cup of softened butter (two sticks)
- 6-7 cups of sugar in powder
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of milk
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon of salt
- (Or 8–10 drops of liquid yellow food color) 2 drops yellow gel food color
A filler or decoration
- Semisweet chocolate chips, 12 ounces, divided; for drizzling
- heavy whipping cream for drip, 6 oz.; more information below
- 1-2 drops details below; black gel food coloring for drip
- 4.4 ounces Inky fondant
Instructions for making a complete Batman Birthday Cake
- Set the oven to 350°F. Three 8-inch cake pans should be greased or lined with parchment paper. Nonstick or baker’s dusted cooking spray can also be used.
- All of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) should be thoroughly blended in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- On a moderate speed, gradually incorporate room-temperature butter chunks into the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients until there are no longer any noticeable butter lumps and the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the eggs and blend on low speed until barely combined. On low speed, add the buttermilk in two halves. Oil and vanilla should be added after that, and they should be thoroughly blended in. After using a spatula to clean the bowl’s sides, beat the mixture for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Use a kitchen scale to evenly distribute the batter among the prepared cake pans. This ensures that all of your layers bake at the same height.
- 35–37 minutes should be baked (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Before removing cake layers from pans, let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack; it may help to run a knife or offset spatula down the edge of the pan first. Prior to icing, let cool fully. If desired, place in the refrigerator or freezer to quicken the chilling process.
- This step is optional, but if desired, the caramelized bits can be removed from the edges and top of the Batman Birthday Cake with a serrated knife after the layers have completely cooled. Before trimming, make sure the layers have thoroughly cooled or chilled. The layers will shatter and collapse if you attempt to trim them while they are still warm.
- Softened cream cheese and butter should be combined; gradually add powdered sugar while alternating with milk until desired frosting consistency is reached. Mix in salt and vanilla after adding them. Add food color and stir.
- Level your cakes once they have cooled if necessary or preferred. A ruler and a large serrated knife or a cake leveler can be used for this. To prevent the cake from slipping as you decorate it, spread a thin layer of icing over the surface of the cake circle. Then, center your first cake layer within the circle.
- Spread icing over the layer. (Optional, but if you’re feeling fancy, add a drizzle of chocolate ganache and a sprinkling of chocolate chips! To prevent the chocolate filling from staining the cake’s exterior, pipe a small dot of yellow frosting onto the cake before filling it with chocolate.
- Put the top layer of your cake on. With the remaining layers of your cake, repeat the procedure.
- You can now begin to crumb-coat. If you’re not familiar with the term, crumb-coating is simply the act of covering the entire outside of the cake in a thin layer of frosting in order to prevent crumbs from getting into the top layer.
- Add your final layer of frosting and smooth it once the crumb coat has dried (this takes 5 to 10 minutes in the refrigerator). For this step, I like to use an offset spatula and cake scraper or pastry cutter. After frosting is applied, store the Batman Birthday Cake in the refrigerator or freezer to help the frosting set.
Decorations for Batman Birthday Cake:
- You can buy fondant, but it’s also less expensive and not too hard to create your own! But take note: I advise creating this fondant a day or two beforehand because using it too soon will make it far more likely to tear.
- The photographs from above were first pasted into a photo editor, printed in a few sizes, and then cut out in the sizes I thought looked best when held up to the Batman Birthday Cake.
- Cut out the black Batman emblem and the metropolitan skyline shapes using the paper outline as a reference.
- Use a little piping bag to create the building windows on your city skyline (I used the same paper templates for this). I piping before putting the structures to the Batman Birthday Cake which was a mistake, and
- I had to scrape off much of it to start over. I strongly advise waiting to pipe after transferring the cake to save yourself that specific pain.
- You could run the skyline around the full Batman Birthday Cake border instead of this drop, but I went with a black ‘cake cape’ made of black chocolate ganache.
- Put 6 ounces of chocolate chips in a heat-resistant bowl to make a ganache. Whipping cream (6 ounces) should be added, and it should be smoothed out in 30-second intervals while being microwaved on half power. Add black food dye and stir.
- Cool to a moderate temperature; it should still be largely liquid and feel slightly warm. Put it in a piping bag or squeeze bottle. If you don’t have any of those, a spoon will work; however, I’ve found spoons to be a little bit trickier to use.
- Drizzle ganache slowly around the top edge of the cake’s rear half, pausing every inch or so to let more ganache trickle down the side. To set the drips, put the cake back in the refrigerator or freezer.
- That’s all there is to it; congrats on your awesome Batman Birthday Cake!
The Batman Birthday Cake truly honors all that is valiant and delectable. The Batman Birthday Cake will delight your palate and awaken your inner superhero, whether you’re a die-hard fan or just looking for a unique birthday experience.