If you’re a seafood lover, then you’ve probably heard of Phillips Seafood’s famous crab cakes. These delicious cakes are a signature dish of the Maryland-based seafood company and are highly sought-after by foodies and seafood enthusiasts alike. In this article, we’ll be sharing the Crab Cakes Phillips recipe and highlighting why this classic seafood dish is perfect for any occasion.
Phillips Seafood and their famous crab cakes
A Maryland-based seafood supplier with more than a century of experience is Phillips Seafood. They are well recognized for their premium seafood offerings, which include their renowned crab cakes. Crab cakes from Phillips Seafood are quite popular because of their reputation for procuring only the freshest and most sustainable seafood from all around the world.
The most expensive and delectable component of the crab, jumbo lump crab flesh, is the key to Phillips Seafood’s renowned crab cakes. They only utilize the finest crab meat, and they combine it with a special combination of spices and ingredients to make a dish that is tasty and unforgettable.
The company’s approach to the crab sector demonstrates its dedication to sustainability and responsible sourcing. Phillips Seafood collaborates closely with neighborhood fishermen to make sure they employ environmentally friendly fishing methods that maintain the long-term viability of the crab population. In addition to its original outlets in Maryland, Phillips Seafood currently has outposts in Georgia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. They are still a household name in the seafood sector and are renowned for their commitment to excellence and sustainability.
You owe it to yourself to sample the renowned crab cakes from Phillips Seafood if you enjoy seafood. The exquisite flavor and texture of this traditional seafood dish will surely wow you whether you’re eating at one of their restaurants or creating them at home using their recipe.
Step-by-step instructions for Crab Cakes Phillips Recipe
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs, red bell pepper, parsley, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps too much.
- Shape the mixture into 6 crab cakes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the crab cakes to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Different ways to serve the crab cakes
Phillips Seafood’s famous crab cakes are versatile dish that can be served in many different ways, making them perfect for any occasion. Here are a few different ways to serve crab cakes:
- Classic Style: The classic way to serve crab cakes is with a side of tartar sauce or remoulade sauce. This traditional method is a perfect way to highlight the delicate flavor of the crab.
- Sandwich: Another way to serve crab cakes is to make a sandwich with them. Simply place a crab cake on a toasted bun, add some lettuce and tomato, and top with your favorite sauce. This is a great option for a quick and easy lunch.
- Salad: Crab cakes are a great addition to a salad. Simply chop up the crab cake and toss it with some mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a light vinaigrette for a fresh and healthy meal.
- Eggs Benedict: For a decadent brunch dish, try serving a crab cake on top of an English muffin, topped with a poached egg and Hollandaise sauce.
- Tacos: Crab cakes make a great filling for tacos. Simply place a piece of the crab cake in a corn tortilla, and add some shredded cabbage, avocado, and a squeeze of lime for a fresh and flavorful meal.
- Sliders: Crab cake sliders are a great option for appetizers or a light meal. Simply place a small crab cake on a slider bun and top with some lettuce and spicy aioli.
- Soup: Crab cakes can also be used as a garnish for soup. Simply crumble the crab cake on top of a bowl of your favorite soup for a unique and delicious flavor.
In conclusion, Phillips Crab Cakes is a classic seafood dish that is perfect for any occasion. These crab cakes will wow your guests whether you’re throwing a formal dinner party or simply craving a hearty supper at home. They are a real treat for seafood lovers because of their flavorful and delicate texture. Therefore, the next time you’re craving seafood, try Phillips Crab Cakes; you won’t be sorry!